Tuesday, July 08, 2008

What happened to Equality?

I've said before, and I'll say it again. The entire notion of special rights and privileges for a select few is wrong-headed and goes against the principles on which our western democracies are based. Years of empirical evidence prove when a society condones discrimination, that resentments, unrest, evil, and injustices abound.

Every school child should be taught what's on the following video, but of course, they are not. I certainly wasn't. I'm not aware of any curriculum that does today. As a Parent who home-schooled teens for five of the last seven years I looked, too.





Thanks to the MadOgre at www.madorgre.com for pointing this gem out for me. George pointed out:

"This is one of the reasons I want to do away with Racial Classes. No more Hyphenated Americans. No Blacks, Asians, Latinos, Native Americans... and of course no more categories based on sexual preferences. No more racial check boxes on any official forms. We are all Americans. There is only one question. Are you a Citizen, yes or no? If you are a citizen, you can vote, you have rights. If you are not a Citizen or are either a Guest or you are illegal... " (7.7.2008)


I have to say that I really like the way the MadOgre thinks.

BTW, I am not Caucasian.

No comments: