Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Jerry Pournelle!




"Bush, I suspect, is looking for a known quantity, someone who can be trusted not to "grow" once on the bench. The temptation to "grow in stature" (ie become a flaming liberal) is high: after all, an AJOTSC is at the top of the judicial tree; there's nowhere to go..." Monday, October 10th, 2005

I just discovered One half of one of my favorite writing teams has been blogging since 1998! My first exposure to Jerry Pournelle's work was in the 1970s with "The Mote in God's Eye" and "Inferno" which he co-wrote with Larry Niven. His military SF (Falkenbergs Legion, Go Tell the Spartans, The Prince) predates and compares very favourably with other writers I enjoy, like David Drake and more recently, John Ringo). Jerry Pournelle's blog, The View from Chaos Manor, has been published for years in BYTE and reminds me at first blush of Robert Heinlein's "Rumbles from the grave."

No comments: