Monday, October 31, 2005

Today's Blatantly Plagarized Parable

Found this at Roger's. It's so good I'm going to use it too.



One day a small businessman, a florist, goes to a barber for a haircut. After the cut he asked about his bill and the barber replies: "I'm sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week"
The florist is pleased and leaves the shop. Next morning when the barber goes to open there is a thank you card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door.

Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies: "I'm sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week."
The cop is happy and leaves the shop. Next morning when the barber goes to open up there is a thank you card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door.

Later, a member of the BC Teacher's Federation comes in for a haircut, and when he goes to pay his bill the barber again replies: "I'm sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week." The Teacher is very happy and leaves the shop. The next morning when the barber goes to open up, there are a dozen Teachers lined up waiting for a free haircut.

And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between left and right.

No comments: