Friday, May 27, 2005

Doctors demand Ban on Sharp Kitchen Knives


This is the stupidest most asinine thing I've ever read. If I was king of the world, I'd stick all these nutjobs into a makework bureaucracy, somewhere where they'd think they were doing something, but would actually be unable to mess with everybody else's lives. I found 694,000 references on the internet to the words "Safety Nazis" These people are a scourge.

We've blackly joked that the adherents to the religion of 'safeness' would not be happy with the various bans on firearms, mandatory seatbelts and lowered speed limits they've foisted on various western nations over the last 20 years.

"The day will come," I facetiously intoned after the Canadian Gun registry went into effect, "when they will try to ban baseball bats, knives, and matches..." In my naivete I never really thought anyone was so infected with the do-gooder virus that they'd actually try.

55 people in Scotland died last year from sharp kitchen knife wounds. That's enough to motivate Safety Nazis Dr Emma Hern and Dr. Mike Beckett to publish a demand in the British Medical Journal that all long sharp Kitchen knives be banned. Of course, the Chief Superintendant of Scottish Police superintendants endorsed the idea.

Can we find someplace safe to occupy those idiots?

No comments: